Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Topiary

OK, this is my last decor item for Valentine's Day! Todays creation is a topiary.
I cut all the flowers with the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge. I love them because all the petals are hearts. They were cut at 2 1/2" and 3" with four different papers. It's so easy! Just paint a styrofoam ball and attach all the flowers with straight pins. I added rhinestones on top of the pins to cover them. The bucket has florist's foam in it. You paint a dowel green and push it into the styrofoam ball and the florist's foam. I should state to do this before attaching all the flowers. Decorate your bucket as you choose, tie a bow under the bottom of the styrofoam ball and cover the florist's foam with moss. For next to nothing you have a cute decoration for your table!


Supplies used - four different patterned papers - your choice; styrofoam ball, dowel, pins - Walmart; florist's foam, moss, rhinestones, ribbon - Michael's; pink bucket - Target; Sweethearts Cricut cartridge

5 comments:

Mom said...

Really darling. It could be used to decorate for a bridal shower also. I especially like the heart shaped petals. They add a very special touch.

CathyK said...

Cute!!!

CricutLvr!! said...

Thanks Esther for coming by and joining me! I love you projects! This is really cute. Would love to try one sometime. Also love what you did with the Startbucks box! Great gift idea! Im your newest follower!!

Heather said...

This is fabulous! I found you through Gaby's linking party!

Dina said...

just beautiful! I am now a follower! Dina