Friday, February 18, 2011

Sympathy Card, Etc.

Another snowy day spent in my craft room, bummer huh?
I have four new cards for you today, hope you like them and possibly get some inspiration from them.

I rarely find sympathy cards that I really like and choose to scraplift, but Love Memory is just perfect. I just really loved everything about it. The bird image and the sentiment are perfect!
I cut the bird image with my Home Decor Cricut cartridge.

Card is 4 1/2 X 5 3/4

Supplies used: cardstock - cream and black; patterned paper - Noir Polka Dot Rose in the Paper Reverie line by Making Memories; Bird cut from the Home Decor Cricut cartridge

I have to admit I wasn't super inspired by either of the two cards on the next page. For me, the Halloween card was a bit blah and I just didn't know what I would use the Go Dawg Go card for although it was cute. I decided to go with Halloween Wishes.

Card is 5 1/2 X 3

Supplies used: cardstock - orange and black; buttons - Little Yellow Bicycle; black floss; sentiment stamp - Halloween Night by Penny Black


You may wonder how my final version of the next card came from For My Friend, but I did keep the design the same. I just changed the image of the repeat and chose different paper.

Card is 5 X 7

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft; patterned paper - moving day by Moxxie; twill ribbon - my stash; rub on alphabet - Purkey miniMarks by American Crafts


Last for today is Simple Hello, which is just that, very simple to make.

Card is 4 1/4 X 5 1/4

Supplies used: cardstock - cream and rust; patterned papers from Hello Sunshine by Cosmo Cricket; brad is from my stash; alphabet letters - Daiquiri from America Crafts

Enjoy and have a creative day!

3 comments:

Mom said...

All nice cards but my favorites are the Sympathy card and the We've Moved card. Your color choices on all the cards are very good. What a creative way to spend a shut inside type of day. Card On !

CathyK said...

Wow! These cards are great. I must say that I like the sympathy card the best of this bunch. I like the depth that your bird has versus the sample card. I also love the sentiment on the card. Even though you had a hard time deciding which card to do for the second one, I think the Halloween card came out terrific. The moving card is clever! I am amazed at the ideas you come up with to make these cards your own. You are blessed with creativity, that's for sure!

lovemypaper said...

WOW! Great cards!