Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Because, Birthday, Mother, etc

Boy is it snowing today, which makes it a perfect day to be in my craft room! Somehow you don't feel guilty holing up in your craft room if the weather is horrible. Kind of gives you an excuse.

My first card today is Mother. I liked the simplicity of this card. Just one piece of cardstock, one piece of patterned paper, ribbon and a button. Easy on the pocketbook, but looks very pretty!

Card is 5 1/2 X 4 1/4

Supplies used: cardstock - coral; patterned paper - madras in Silk Road by SEI; sentiment Squigglefly; ribbon - Michaels; button - my stash; corner rounder - Fiskars


My second choice for a card today is Doily Thank You. I picked it because I had some beautiful paper by SEI that had a similar image. I thought it would make a striking card.

Card is 4 1/4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - oasis in Oasis by SEI; patterned paper - sichuan in Oasis by SEI; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft: rub on - SEI; corner rounder - Fiskars


The third card I picked is Elegant Just Because, which I picked just because it was elegant.

Card is 5 1/2" square

Supplies used: cardstock - cream and brown; patterned paper - foulard from Silk Road and rochester & brighton from Windsor all by SEI; font - Edwardian Script ITC; label punch - EK Success; border punch - Martha Stewart; ribbon - Michael's; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft.


Last card for today I picked True Friend, another card which uses few supplies yet looks very pretty.

Card is 5 1/2" square

Supplies used; cardstock - brown; patterned paper - lemon meringue pie in nook & pantry by Basic grey; label - element sticker in curio by Basic Grey; ribbon - Michael's; sentiment - Crate Paper; rhinestones - bon bon jewels by Doodlebug

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Very Nice Cards !! I would find it hard to pick a favorite. The colors and the embellishments on each of the cards are so right for that particular card. Wow ! Card On !

CathyK said...

I really love the Doily Thank you card! The pattern you chose is much more pleasing to the eye than the sample card. I also like the color combination you decided on; it seems classier, happier and much more pleasing to the eye. I also like the True Friend card. I love the yellow and charcoal (grey) color combo!