Sunday, February 20, 2011

Classy and Elegant

Today we move on to Classy and Elegant in my Card Style magazine challenge to myself.
I'm excited because these are the kind of cards I like to make! Although, they are not always the easiest for me to do. I hope you enjoy my pics!

I started off with Welcome, Precious Girl which I thought was a beautiful baby card. I used a cool new sight I found called Squigglefly which is a digital stamp website!

Card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4

Supplies used: cardstock - green; patterned paper - Keepsakes Tiara by SEI; sentiment - Welcome Baby Sentiments - Squigglefly; ribbon - my stash; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft; border punch - Fiskars


My second choice was Birthday Tea Party which I chose because I just love all the paper lines by - Webster's pages.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - brown, burgundy, olive; patterned paper from Postcards From Paris by Webster's Pages; rub on sentiment from Wholly Cow by Basic Grey; ribbon - my stash; border punch - EK Success



I picked the third card because I loved the way they used a peacock feather. It is just so elegant.

Card is 3 3/4 X 7 1/4

Supplies used: cardstock - cream; patterned paper - So Sophie "Open Your Heart" Royal Paper by My Minds Eye and Alpine Frost through the woods by SEI; flower, ribbon, buttons, twine - my stash; peacock feather - JoAnn's


Last pick was Celebrate with Style, mostly because I really felt that the other card belonged in the category Fun and Cute.

Card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - brown; patterned paper - Cerulean Jade Dots by Scenic Route paper Co. and Victorian Lace from fancy free collection by Fancy Pants; ribbon - JoAnn's; pigment ink - chestnut roan by ColorBox; rub on - sentiments by Crate Paper; tag cut with Accent Essentials cartridge

Thanks for looking! I love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

CathyK said...

All of these cards are, indeed, classy and elegant. I really enjoyed your creative take on all of these cards. I liked the texture and colors you chose on the Celebrate with Style card. The peacock feather is very classy! Wonderful job!

lovemypaper said...

Very nice cards!