Friday, February 4, 2011

Graphically Challenged

Yesterday I felt particularly challenged for some reason. It seemed I had hit a creative road block and nothing was coming to me. I stuck with it though and managed to get three more cards done.

First pick for today is Gray and Black birthday. I liked the simplicity of this card. I wanted just a bit more color, although the gray and black looks great.

Card is 4 1/2 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - cream and olive; patterned paper - Little Boy Blue "Little Man" paper in the quite contrary line by My Minds Eye; rub on - calendar-ned jr. sidekicks in miniMarks by America Crafts: corner rounder punch - Fiskars; floss and button from my stash.


I really liked the color possibilities with Six Block Thanks so that was my next pick. There are so many ways you could go: Monochromatic which is all the colors of a single hue; Triadic which uses three colors equally spaced around the color wheel (example: red, blue and yellow) or complementary which are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel (example: purple and yellow). For this card I chose complementary because complementary color schemes have a more energetic feel.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white, black, two shades of purple and yellow; plastic flower - Queen & Co.; ScorPal scor board; alphabet stickers - vagabond by Basic Grey; 1 3/8" square punch - EK Success; button from my stash.

I had a tough time picking the last card, but decided to go with Birthdays Are Best.

Card is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2

Supplies used:cardstock - white; patterned paper - forget-me-dots and dizzy daisy in alley's wonderland by SEI; border punch - EK Success; puff stickers - alley's wonderland by SEI; happy birthday rub on - kate sidekicks-miniMarks by America Crafts

Thanks for all your comments, I truly appreciate your feedback!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I like the simplicity of these cards, also. It shows that simple can still be very good looking and get the sentiment across. Even if you are feeling challenged do keep on carding as it will keep up the momentum for you.

CathyK said...

My favorite change that you made was to the Six Block Thanks. It is much more upbeat, which the receiver of the card would feel. Great job!

Sunny Dee said...

I agree with cklopping, your color choice on the thanks card is awesome! keep up the good work!