Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Card

I designed this card for this weeks sketch challenge at Mojo Monday It's my first time making a circle card. There is a tutorial on how to do it on Poetic Artistry, which is Julee's blog and she is one of the designers for Mojo Monday. It was so fun to make and I'm happy with the results of my first try.
I used my Cricut to cut out the scalloped circle at 5" with the flower image using the shadow feature on the letter I in the Storybook cartridge; I cut the circles at 4 1/2" and the square at 3 1/4" with George and Basic Shapes: I cut the butterfly out with Indie Art, the body at 1 3/4"and the wings at 1 1/2". I ran the wings through my embossing machine. Did some stitching with my sewing machine, punched out a border, added some ribbon and a tiny touch of bling and voila!

Supplies used: cardstock - navy and cream; patterned papers - Hazel "Mother" Meadow, Hazel "Lovely" Adorned and Mabel "Love" Letters all from Stella & Rose by My Minds Eye; Border punch - Fiskars; embossing folder - Swiss Dots by Sizzix; floss, button and tiny rhinestones - my stash; stamp - $1 bin at JoAnn's; ribbon - JoAnn's; Storybook, Indie Art and George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridges.

Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Mom said...

I LOVE this card ! It says "Spring" is such a beautiful way. The butterfly is lovely and the round shape is a nice change in a card also.

teachdanz said...

it's beautiful!! love that ribbon color:-)

CathyK said...

You would NEVER know this was your first attempt at a round card! Perfect, just perfect.

Karen said...

Beautiful. TFS Momo sent me.

Karen C

http://emptynestboutique.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful dimension :)