Sunday, November 11, 2012

Birthday Wishes

I thought I would play along at Case Study challenge blog this week!

The inspiration for this week is a beautiful card by Angeline Young.


Her inking, kraft card stock and long, simple flowers inspired me to come up with this card:


I went for a masculine birthday card. I used kraft card stock also, I did some subtle inking and used tall, slender candles.

Supplies used:  card stock - white, blue, kraft; patterned papers from Hang 10 by Basic Grey; stamp - Candles, Stars and Birthday Wishes by Unity; ink - Rich Cocoa by Memento, Gathered Twigs and Faded Denim Distressed Inks by tim Holtz for Ranger; corner rounder punch - Fiskars; rhinestones - My Minds Eye.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Good looking card. Nice Job !

Kim H said...

Ether ~ Not only is this CAS but I LOVE the masculine look to it!! Okay I must say I might have to borrow this card idea too! I LOVE it for birthdays!! Simple and quick ~ well nothing is simple and wuick for me!! LOL!! Awesome card thanks for the idea!!!

CathyK said...

A manly card! Great job!

Gabby said...

Saw your card in the CSC116 gallery. It is FAB! Love the papers you used for the candles and jewels for the flames. :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So cute and lovely! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study :)

Jean Martin said...

Esther this is fantastic! Love your CAS design! :) Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Avery Madisson said...

These are very nice cards. Perfect for happy birthday wishes. I love how simple materials turns into wonderful craft and creation.